Here is the link to the video used during the webinar:
- Example of a patient with incoherent speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avbfd_OkLoU&authuser=0
This page contains resources related to CEAP’s webinar #006 “Interpreting the Psychiatric Interview: How Language Affects the Mental Status Exam” presented on 12/07/2016.
If you need to receive a certificate but missed the live webinar, please complete the online training module corresponding to this webinar when it becomes available at http://cchiinterpreters.org. To enroll in the online training module on that page, first, read instructions below the webinar title, then click on the title of the webinar to create an account or to log in.
Additional online resources about interpreting in Mental Health settings:
- NCIHC’s Resources on Mental Health Interpreting at http://www.ncihc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58
- Challenges and Complexities of Mental Health Interpreting by Anita Coelho Diabate (2011) – at http://www.imiaweb.org/pages/615_3.pdf
- Guidelines for Working Effectively with Interpreters in Mental Health Settings – an online tool of VTPU (Australia, 2006) – at http://www.vtmh.org.au/resources/interpreter-resources-1
- Mental health interpreting: A mentored curriculum – a publication of University of Rochester Medical Center at https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/deaf-wellness-center/products/mental-health-interpreting.aspx
- Position Statement on Mental Health Interpreting Services with People who are Deaf by NAD at https://nad.org/issues/health-care/mental-health-services/position-statement-mental-health-interpreting-services-peo
- Standard Practice Paper on Interpreting in Mental Health Settings by RID (2007) at http://rid.org/about-interpreting/standard-practice-papers/
Copyright & Use: All online search examples are copyrighted to the original websites and respective authors, and are used as illustrations of online search techniques.