We are calling for volunteers to participate in the Job Task Analysis (JTA) panel that will design the national JTA survey! Please fill out the application linked below (for the Position, check “Other” and enter “JTA panel”) and submit it by February 14, 2022.
We are looking for volunteer Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who will work remotely March 1 through April 30, 2022. CCHI will provide all the necessary orientation and training via online collaboration tools. All tasks will also be performed remotely via video conference calls and other online applications. Please read about the commitment below so that you understand the scope of work.
Who should apply?
Our goal is to convene a diverse panel of SMEs, certified CoreCHI™ and CHI™ interpreters, who represent healthcare interpreters in the U.S. in a comprehensive manner. We are looking for volunteers – practicing interpreters who have CoreCHI™ or CHI™ certification (this requirement is mandatory) – who:
- have various years of experience – from 0 to 10+
- work in different modalities and different healthcare settings
- represent different regional varieties of their LOTE (Language Other Than English)
- may also be managers or trainers (with previous practicing interpreter experience)
What are your commitments (if selected)?
- Sign CCHI’s Confidentiality and Content Security Agreements. (Review our SME Participation Policies prior to applying.)
- 20 hours of live participation over 6 meetings and 4 hours of independent work:
1. Be able to complete a self-paced online orientation module between March 1-March 11, 2022, which would require approximately 2 hours of time.
2. Be available for all 4 Zoom video conference meetings, of four-hour duration each at 10:30 am – 2:30 pm Eastern Time (adjust for your time zone), on these dates in March 2022:
March 12 (Saturday)
March 13 (Sunday)
March 19 (Saturday)
March 20 (Sunday)
Please apply only if you are available during the above times for all of these 4 dates (i.e., 16 hours of total time).
3. Be available for 2 Zoom video conference meetings, two-hour calls at 7-9 pm Eastern Time, in April 2022 – on Wednesday(s) or Thursday(s). The group will decide on the specific dates during our March meetings. (Total of 4 hours.)
4. Be able to complete independent online assignments, which would require approximately 2 hours of additional time.
This is a volunteer project. CCHI will not pay any honorarium for participation in this project. However, CCHI will grant 4 PB CE instructional and 2 CE non-instructional hours for participation.
How to apply?
Click here to download CCHI’s SME Application in MS Word format.
Please fill it out completely (for the Position, check “Other” and enter “JTA panel”), and to submit, email the application AND your current full resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 02/14/22. Only electronically submitted, complete applications will be considered.
If you have any questions about this project or about the SME application, contact us at email@example.com.
You will be notified if you are selected to participate in this project by February 21, 2022.
Thank you for your interest and support!