CCHI is dedicated to supporting professional interpreters who value the power of education and certification. We understand that many interpreters work across settings – in health care, courts, Workers’ Compensation, schools, etc. At the same time, many interpreters are also professional translators. We know that some CCHI certificants also hold another language professional certification, e.g. of ATA, RID, state or federal court interpreter, etc.
We commend and support all professionals who seek certification in more than one specialty! CCHI waives its application fee of $40 for those applicants who otherwise meet our eligibility criteria and who already hold a certification* of ATA, RID, BEI, Federal or State courts, state of Washington for medical interpreters, or NBCMI (CMI language-specific credentials only). All applicants must sit for and pass CCHI’s certification exams to earn CCHI certification.
In addition, CCHI offers to such applicants a special examination fee of $150 for CoreCHI™, ETOE™, or CHI™ exams throughout 2023. This means that CCHI’s performance-based certifications (CHI or CoreCHI-P) cost $300, and the knowledge-based CoreCHI certification costs $150.
*By certification we mean that a person has met specific eligibility requirements and passed a language-specific performance examination administered by the above mentioned certifying entities, and maintains the certification in accordance with the entity’s renewal requirements.
Application fee waiver ($40):
Examination special fee of $150 (time-limited offer):
This offer does not apply to holders of education certificates or interpreters who passed various screening tests or are “qualified” by processes that do not require a language-specific performance exam. It applies only to interpreters who are certified by a U.S. entity certifying interpreters or translators such as ATA, RID, BEI, Federal or State courts, state of Washington for medical interpreters (non-expired), or NBCMI (CMI language-specific credentials only; Hub-CMI holders do not qualify for this discount).
1. Review CCHI’s eligibility criteria to make sure you meet our requirements and read CCHI Candidate’s Examination Handbook to learn about the certification process and CCHI policies.
2. Email CCHI your intention to get certified and attach a proof of your other certification (as a pdf or image file) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The document verifying your certification can be a certification certificate or badge/card and must contain your name (matching your current ID), the certification entity info, and the certification expiration/validity date.
3. CCHI will review your letter of intent and provided documentation within 10 days and email you instructions on how to complete and submit the online application.
4. Once CCHI receives your application, CCHI will review your application within two weeks.
5. You will receive your Notice to Schedule your exam within one week of the application approval for the CoreCHI™ exam and within one week of payment for a CHI™ exam.
If you have any questions about this special opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com.