The listing of the training opportunities on this page is sponsored by the training providers. CCHI does not accredit, preapprove or endorse beginner-level programs. The listed programs are examples of possible training opportunities that help applicants meet the 40-hour healthcare interpreter training requirement and prepare for the examination(s). Interpreters are cautioned to question the veracity of guarantees of success on examinations as a result of any training.
For the Registry of CCHI Accredited Continuing Education programs, please go to www.CEAPcchi.org.
- The Community Interpreter® with Cross-Cultural Communications, LLC (MD) - Join us for the first and only national 40-hour certificate program in community interpreting! We cover interpreting in healthcare, educational and social services settings. Our program promotes national ethics and standards of practice in the field and can prepare interpreters to take national medical interpreter certification.
- The Community Interpreter - Medical: A Language Neutral Course (OR). This 64 hour course meets the training requirements for healthcare certification in Oregon. It covers 40 hours of skills and ethics (The Community Interpreter®) and 24 hours of Medical Terminology. The Medical Terminology portion has been approved for CE credits by CCHI and IMIA. For more information, visit http://gauchati.com/training.php.
- G2Local and Cincinnati State college (OH) have created a Medical Interpreter Certificate program, the first of its kind in Ohio. This is a 15-week class that is both intensive and comprehensive. Because completing a college certificate program does not make one a certified interpreter, CCHI testing will be offered after the course is over. Please call 513-526-5011 or go online at www.g2local.com for more details.
- Medical Interpreting Associates LLC (Gainesville, GA) offers a 40-hour non-language-specific training course designed to prepare interpreters for a National Certification exam and prepares bilingual individuals for their role as medical interpreters.
- Monterey Institute of International Studies (Monterey, CA) - Spanish Community Interpreting Graduate Certificate, 6 months - http://www.miis.edu/academics/short/translation-interpretation/spanish-community-interpreting
- Walla Walla Community College (WA) - Spanish Medical Interpreter and Translator Program is a 9-month certificate program for busy, working adults. Starting the Fall of 2015, the SMIT program will begin an enhanced Online Learning model. Read more...
- West Linguistic Training Group, LLC (Atlanta, GA) - 16-hour Accelerated Medical Interpreter Prep Course for National Certification http://www.westgrouptraining.com/national-certification.html
- Interpreter Education Online - 12-week Preparatory Course for the CCHI Exam - http://site.interpretereducationonline.com/preparatory-course-for-the-cchi-exam/
- Medical Interpreting Training School - Online 40-hour training program at your own pace - http://medicalinterpretingtrainingschool.com
- REACH-reaching diversity - Medical/Healthcare Interpreting 101™, 40 hours - http://www.reach-diversity.com/medicalhealthcare-interpreting-101trade-a-40--hour-training-for-certification.html
Advertising Your Training Program with CCHI