The listing of the training opportunities on this page is sponsored by the training providers. CCHI does not accredit, preapprove or endorse beginner-level programs. The listed programs are examples of possible training opportunities that help applicants meet the 40-hour healthcare interpreter training requirement and prepare for the examination(s). Interpreters are cautioned to question the veracity of guarantees of success on examinations as a result of any training.
For the Registry of CCHI Accredited Continuing Education programs, please go to www.CEAPcchi.org.
- Interpreter Education Online - 12-week Preparatory Course for the CCHI Exam - http://site.interpretereducationonline.com/preparatory-course-for-the-cchi-exam/
- Medical Interpreting Training School - Online 40-hour training program at your own pace - http://medicalinterpretingtrainingschool.com
- MedTalk Training - a 60 hour online Medical Interpreter program, English-Spanish specific. Our course features comprehensive education on medical terminology, common medications and diagnosis. Students will have the opportunity to use the learnt terminology during the recorded interpretation assignments, to better comprehend the material. You will learn to apply Standards of Practice, Roles of the Interpreter and Code of Ethics, Cultural competency, as well as laws and regulations affecting the Interpreter. The program is self-paced and you can access the modules on your free time; you decide when you want to study and for how long. Instructors work closely with each student, offering feedback on the written and recorded assignments to improve pronunciation and develop skills to interpret with accuracy and completeness. Our program is one of seven in the Nation accredited by the CMIE. Visit our website (www.medtalktraining.com for more information or call us at 603-770-4218.
- REACH-reaching diversity - Medical/Healthcare Interpreting 101™, 40 hours - http://www.reach-diversity.com/medicalhealthcare-interpreting-101trade-a-40--hour-training-for-certification.html
- The Community Interpreter® with Cross-Cultural Communications, LLC (MD) - Join us for the first and only national 40-hour certificate program in community interpreting! We cover interpreting in healthcare, educational and social services settings. Our program promotes national ethics and standards of practice in the field and can prepare interpreters to take national medical interpreter certification.
- The Community Interpreter - Medical: A Language Neutral Course (OR). This 64 hour course meets the training requirements for healthcare certification in Oregon. It covers 40 hours of skills and ethics (The Community Interpreter®) and 24 hours of Medical Terminology. The Medical Terminology portion has been approved for CE credits by CCHI and IMIA. For more information, visit http://gauchati.com/training.php.
- Medical Interpreting Associates LLC (Gainesville, GA) offers a 40-hour non-language-specific training course designed to prepare interpreters for a National Certification exam and prepares bilingual individuals for their role as medical interpreters.
- Monterey Institute of International Studies (Monterey, CA) - Spanish Community Interpreting Graduate Certificate, 6 months - http://www.miis.edu/academics/short/translation-interpretation/spanish-community-interpreting
- Walla Walla Community College (WA) - Spanish Medical Interpreter and Translator Program is a 9-month certificate program for busy, working adults. Starting the Fall of 2015, the SMIT program will begin an enhanced Online Learning model. Read more...
- West Linguistic Training Group, LLC (Atlanta, GA) - 16-hour Accelerated Medical Interpreter Prep Course for National Certification http://www.westgrouptraining.com/national-certification.html
Advertising Your Training Program with CCHI