CCHI congratulates all medical interpreters who have earned the CoreCHI™ and CHI™ certifications, the nation’s highest certifications available to healthcare interpreters. You are part of a professional cadre of over 3,500 certified medical interpreters nationwide providing the assurance of high quality interpreting in any healthcare setting or modality.
contains your contact info so we can reach you and all important notifications from us (see "Communications" tab). Check in often and keep the info current!
Any CCHI-certified interpreter may purchase a CCHI Certified Interpreter Photo ID Badge ($26).
All our exams are developed by volunteer Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Get involved!
CCHI’s certification credentials are valid for four (4) years from the date of passing your final examination. You may start uploading your continuing education documentation as soon as you get certified. This way you’ll never lose any documents.
This is a Quick Reference Guide that outlines the basic uses of CCHI’s marks including CoreCHI™, Core Certification Healthcare Interpreter™, CHI™, and Certified Healthcare Interpreter™. Individuals certified by CCHI must abide by the full policy available below. Failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary action and/or revocation of certification. The purpose of this Quick Reference is to get you going in the right direction, quick. When used, the marks must be displayed in certain manners so as to avoid a potential loss of rights.
CORE CERTIFICATION HEALTHCARE INTERPRETER™
CERTIFIED HEALTHCARE INTERPRETER™
* The symbol only needs to be used once per document or item. It does not have to be used multiple times in the same document or item. Unless your mark is in serious jeopardy of becoming generic, like the REALTOR mark, requiring use of the symbol multiple times in the same document or item is not necessary. This comment applies to all of the marks.
Every CCHI Certified Healthcare Interpreter™ (CHI™) or Core Certification Healthcare Interpreter™ (CoreCHI™) will receive a PDF file (black and white) of their CCHI certificate within four weeks of being notified of their certification award. IMPORTANT: Certificates issued upon successful certification renewal are emailed within four (4) weeks after the expiration date of certification (and not after your renewal application acceptance).
CCHI also offers several options to obtain, for an additional fee, a printed certificate for recipients who want a more formal acknowledgement of their achievement.
If you have questions or concerns about your paper certificate order, please call 888-274-4483.
I hereby declare, on oath, that I will interpret accurately and completely to the best of my ability all verbal content, taking into account the cultural and non-verbal context of all messages from all parties involved, without changing their meaning, adding or omitting anything.
While doing so:
1. I will support the patient-provider professional relationship, and I will protect the health and well-being of the patient as the most sacred aspect of my duties as an interpreter.
2. I will protect the privacy of all parties and maintain confidential the information that I interpret.
3. I will inform patients and healthcare providers of my duty and responsibility to respect their autonomy by being impartial.
4. I will treat everyone equally and with respect, regardless of their race, color, national origin, gender identity, socioeconomic status, or cultural beliefs.
5. I will conduct myself with integrity, in a manner consistent with the highest standards of practice for my profession, and the respect my fellow interpreters deserve.
6. I will respect the differences, and value the cultural similarities of all; understanding that culture and diversity have a fundamental impact on how health is perceived, how health care is sought and delivered.
7. I will admit my errors, and I will correct them as soon as I become aware of them, and I shall not hesitate to ask clarification for what I do not know or understand.
I make this pledge in the name of the duties and responsibilities that I humbly accept by becoming a Certified Healthcare Interpreter.
©2015, CCHI (Courtesy of Jose Garcia, President of CHIA)
As a holder of CCHI certification you must follow CCHI’s policies.
Review Disciplinary Policy.