1. Register with us
Registration provides access to the CEAP system and visibility to all that intend to complete the accreditation process. Once a training provider registers, they are listed as “Pending Review and Approval” in the CEAP Registry and “Find a Training Program Directory”.
There are two registration levels:
- $50 registration fee for individual trainers and non-profit associations of interpreters and translators
- $150 registration fee for corporate training providers (companies or organizations, e.g., hospitals, non-profit agencies).
Registered training providers have one year to submit an application for one or more training programs. Once a training provider has at least one program accredited by CCHI within the year of registration, they do not have to pay the registration fee again. Instead, they must pay a specific program annual renewal fee or accredit another program.
2. Submit a training program application
CCHI has six accreditation fee levels for the CEAP. Accreditation fees are calculated per hour depending on the number of instructional hours of the program. Instructional hours do not include lunch, other breaks, assessment or administrative comments (e.g., welcome, overview, conclusion, evaluation, etc.).
- One instructional hour (e.g., an in-service or brown bag lunch) $25
- 2 – 11 instructional hours program - $21 per hour (If the course has 2 instruction hours, the fee is $42. If the course has 11 hours, the fee is $231).
- 12 – 21 instructional hours program - $19.50 per hour
- 22 – 31 instructional hours program - $18 per hour
- 32 – 40 instructional hours program - $16.50 per hour
- 41 – 65 instructional hours program - $15 per hour
CEAP offers the following special pricing (via a special code):
- To associations of interpreters and translators, and for language-specific non-academic programs - $15 flat fee per one session of up to 4 hours in duration.
- Conference accreditation fee (to associations of interpreters and translators) is based on the number of sessions accredited, at $15 per session, and the maximum fee per conference is $200.
Applications can be submitted for review and approval at any time. CEAP will review applications within up to 30 days of submission, depending on volume and reviewer capacity. Our usual turnaround processing time is 2 weeks. Training providers can pay a rush surcharge of $100 to have a program reviewed within 7 business days.
CEAP Accreditation is valid for the following terms regardless of the program's frequency:
- Two (2) years: Online training modules (including webinars), language-specific training courses (i.e. not English-only or language-neutral), and academic programs (universities, community colleges, state-accredited educational institutions),
- One (1) year: all other training programs and conferences.
To maintain accreditation for subsequent years, programs are required to submit a renewal fee and a renewal application. The program renewal fee is 80% of the corresponding level A-F fee.
Learn more in our National CEAP Manual at www.cchicertification.org/images/pdfs/cchi_ceap_manual-2015.pdf.
Training provider represents and warrants to CCHI that they are either the owner of any content (‘Content’) posted under their username and password on the CEAP page. Training provider agrees to pay any royalties or other sums owing to any third party for Content posted by them or under their password and to indemnify and hold harmless CCHI from any claims, costs, or liability incurred as the result of your violation of the third party's terms.